Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Liam O'Kane Interview



Wow! It's been 2 years since I wrote about what Liam O'Kane is doing now! You can read my old posting here. Liam is still doing really well in music. Yesterday, an online magazine called Leftlion posted a nice article about him that you can read here. Thank you to Fan de LoK for the link! :D

Liam's fans will be happy to know that he'll be headlining at The Nottingham Playhouse on June 16, 2012 from 8:00-9:30pm.


Liam as an Angel Voices chorister.


Libera fans in general will be happy to read what Liam said about his days in Angel Voices (now called Libera). I'll post those parts here in case the article ever gets deleted.

Please tell us about your choirboy days...I joined the choir when I was eight, at the time they performed under the name Angel Voices. The first thing I did with them when I joined was to spend three months at Pinewood Studios recording a series with Thora Hird. I was on two out of three Angel Voices albums. The choir later went on to perform under the name Libera. I recorded a lot of the solos on the first album and then my voice broke. It was an amazing part of my life; I got to do so many things and meet some incredible people.

You were in Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet, right? Well, my voice is. The Choir recorded some of the sound track at Abbey Road. We sing the backing to the soloist in the church [Everybody’s Free]. They never flew us out for the filming, so the choir in the film mime over us.

And you still have fans keeping an eye on you around the world?
The Choir's now world famous as Libera. Robert Prizeman the director is a genius and has created his own modern style of choral music. Having sang a lot of the solos on the first album I get a lot of people searching for videos and things of me singing back in the day, but they also find what I do now. Some people really enjoy what I do now but I appreciate it's very different from the choir days.


It's so nice what he said about Mr. Prizeman! And Liam was in Angel Voices for a long time! Age 8 - 15!

If you'd like to see Liam in concert, ticket information for The Nottingham Playhouse is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment