Saturday, February 5, 2011

Libera News for 2011

Aled Jones gave an update on his radio show about Libera! Thank you to Jimmy Riddle on the dreams forum for posting it for us to hear. Click here. In case it gets deleted later, here is what Aled said.

"The choir Libera is evolving. Robert Prizeman, their musical director, has been in touch to say that a new team of 7- and 8-year-olds will be starting with them (ah, bless them), most of whom have not sung before. Indeed, they may not even have any concept of what the whole thing's about. They're in for a shock. But we know that several of them will soon be singing in front of thousands and thousands of people, perhaps in a vast concert hall the other side of the world or maybe a small evening service in South London. They'll each add their special character and talents to the group which is constantly changing and challenging. With several international tours planned for this year, a new album and some new songs on the way already, we at GMS wish them all well."

Everyone who is going to the Epsom concert is so lucky. You'll get to see the little newbies! Take pictures! Take pictures! :) AND A NEW ALBUM! AND NEW SONGS! Woo-hoo! 2011 is going to be a great year! :D 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what great news Lexi! The new boys and a new album! Now I grow more impatient to go to the Epsom concert! Thank you so much for sharing this!
    It seemed that my seat for the concert is not bad (3rd or 4th row), I'll try my best to take more pictures. So hope this time they won't abolish the photo session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lucy! It IS very exciting! :D I've seen the seating chart for Epsom. If I could go, I would want to sit in the 3rd or 4th row, too! It looks like it's more at their eye level. ;) And just get your camera ready at the encore and start taking pictures when they are bowing. You'll have at least 10 seconds. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting! And I concur 100%. I'd love to see pictures ...

    **Fingers-crossed they allot for a brief photo opportunity at the end of the concert**

    I have to say though I have a feeling that these newbies may be added out of necessity. I hope I'm wrong, truly, but I'm hoping the 7 & 8-year olds are an addition to the choir and not a replacement for some older faces... I'm hoping this announcement is not a subtle hint that some of my favorites may be "aging out" of the boys choir... :X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point Lexi. If they don't have a photo session, you really will need to whip out those cameras as soon as the encore finishes. Might not be able to clap but you can still cheer while your snapping away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi tumtum! I'm a little worried about that, too. Most of the 7- and 8-year olds won't be ready to sing in concerts yet, but it does make me think that some of the older boys may be moving on. :( Jonathan and Tiarnan already had really low voices in the summer. Liam and Josh may stay a bit longer cause their voices aren't as low. Plus they may want to let Josh travel with little Matthew on his first time out the way Jonathan did with Henry. Or they can just travel with a choir of 35, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ms. co-fan Lexi :)
    My name is Bomnal, a Libera fan from South Korea. This would be my very first time to leave a comment on this such a resourceful blog. Thanks for sharing good news about our boys(though I've found this way too late). Kindly allow me to get this post to my blog with your link here? :) Thank you very much. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi BOMNAL! That would be so nice if you wanted to share my blog with other people. Thank you! I have been wanting to join some Korean blogs but have a hard time reading them. Could you write to me with the name of yours and others and I will try to join them? Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! I just saw your comment right now >_< hehe
    I wanna give you mine and my friends' blogs and this comment box isn't enough for me to write.
    I wanna mail you. How can I keep in touch with you? :)
    ps. mine is - ohmyboyslibera@gmail.com
    pls feel free to contact me :)

    ReplyDelete