Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Gifts

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a happy New Year! I got some really neat stuff for Christmas from my awesome family and friends! I won't bore you with all the boring stuff (AKA clothes and jewelry), but I did get an awesome soundtrack!


I don't know if any of you have seen the movie "How To Train Your Dragon" (I would recommend it if you haven't), but the music for that movie is AMAZING! Lots of great themes and LOTS of AWESOME French horn parts. For those of you who don't know, I play the French horn, so I respect a composer who gives the horn the melody a lot. :) Anyway, if you've never heard the soundtrack, check it out!

I think the kid on the left in the white robe is the soloist. Looks like he has
a Gobstopper in his mouth. Not sure about the elf and baseball cap kid.
BCSD says the soloist is Gareth Lowman, but the record doesn't say.

I also got an unusual gift. An old record called "Christmas Wrapping" by Tony Robinson and The Angel Voices. Yep, the group now known as Libera! :) My mom got it from England. It was released in 1990 and has 2 single songs on it. Problem is, it's a record. And I don't have a record player. lol

While I work on that, I did find the first song "A Christmas Wrap" on Soundcloud. You can listen to it here. It's rap but funny with parts of "Walking In The Air" in it. At one point Tony plugs the boy singer's mouth with a Gobstopper to make him stop singing. And someone named Nigel has a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirt. My cousin got one for Christmas! :D


The other song is called "The Choral Wrap" done by The Angel Voices. Now I REALLY want to hear what that one sounds like! Gotta find a record player...   

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lexi! Were you able to find a record player or turntable? Some shops are beginning to sell them again, since vinyl records are making a comeback to some degree. If you don't want to buy one just for the sake of a couple of records, ask around at your school. Some schools keep a record player on hand for use with older resources. Perhaps they may let you borrow one, or use it at school. I'm not sure how stringent your school's policies are, but it might be worth a try if you want to listen to these records. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete