Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan Earthquake & Tsunami


Update: Libera just posted on their Blog, Facebook and Twitter:

"Our thoughts and prayers are with our friends in Japan as the news of the earthquake and tsunami emerges."

An 8.9 magnitude earthquake hit Japan just off the east coast of Honshu about 12 hours ago. I was tweeting with Yuki from Tokyo at the time. She was able to walk home from work. A tsunami then stuck the coast. Especially hard hit was the city of Sendai, which Libera visited in April 2009. I know Hagy is safe but frightened. We are praying for the safety of all and the rescue efforts.

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

  1. This news saddened and frightened me...I just saw some footage online I couldn't help it but started to cry...my prayers, love, support, and peace goes out to those in Japan...may God bless them and give them the recovery right away.

    I have work to do but I cannot do it because of this disaster...I think it's safe to say 2011 isn't a good start so far for the world...

    But may the blessing of light be upon them and those affected by this quake and tsunami!

    You're gonna make it Japan we have faith in you!!

    -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete